Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Thursday 22 May 2014

Happy Times at Wine Week

It is always fun to hear about 'National Weeks'.

My favourite of 'National Curry Week' will come as no surprise, I also support 'National Chocolate Week', and I am also campaigning for a 'National Feed a Big Bloke Week'. (Apparently, we are now in 'National Vegetarian Week' but I've not been celebrating that too much, although I did see an apple the other day.)

I have now heard that 'English Wine Week' is next week, (running from 24th May to 1st June), which sounds a top idea to me.

Jon and the team at The Cave will be holding an English Wine Tasting evening on Thursday 29th May 2014. Having been to a number of their tastings before, I can vouch for the things you learn, and more importantly the generosity of the tastings ensure a good time for all. (Getting home in a straight line cannot be assured.) Tickets are now on sale for the English Wine Tasting event for £15pp, at which you will taste 6 English sparkling wines with some nibbles.

There will also be English wine tastings during the week which you can buy to take home, plus The Cave constantly put on numerous events, so it might be a good plan to keep an eye on their website. (Click here to visit)

Happy Hour at The Cave

A drink for £3.50 is a sure way to make me happy, so I was pretty pleased to see that The Cave now have a Happy Hour every day from 4pm to 6pm.

A house wine, beer or spirit with mixer for £3.50 should cover just about everyone's taste. The thought of two hours after work, Football Focus or Sunday lunch seems a fair time to enjoy a nice drink with friends to me. (Or on my own if no-one will come with me!)

As far as I am aware, there is no limit to how many times you can take advantage of this great deal in the two hour period, but should I overstep the mark at any time I will let you know!

The Cave
Church Hill, Milford on Sea, SO41 0QH
www.thecavemos.co.uk

English Wine Week
www.englishwineweek.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.