Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Thursday 19 April 2012

HSBC Cash Machine Stolen

It hasn't been really, but I like a dramatic headline.

You may have spotted that the hole in the wall ATM cash machine outside of what was HSBC Bank in Church Hill, Milford on Sea, has gone.  The hole which once held crisp new readies is now looking forlorn, lonely and boarded up.

My obvious fear was that the machine had actually been removed by the men in suits, however after a brief conversation with the builders on site, I discovered that it has simply been removed for three weeks while alterations take place inside the old bank building.

I also discovered that the bank is being converted into offices for a building company, by the new owners who's name is above the door. 

It is a bit of a shame that it isn't becoming a new shop, or something like a wine bar or bierkeller.   My personal choice of course would be a new restaurant.  By my reckoning we are still short of a Chinese, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Classic Italian, Japanese, Tapas, Mexican, and Mongolian BBQ.  Perhaps by next Food Week some of these culinary gaps will be filled!

1 comment:

  1. That cash machine is a huge loss to our village-I wanted to buy a few bits in the grocers, but had no cash. So after running an errand I stopped at wait rose where I used my card. If you have to go to lymington then you will most likely shop there. Hopefully it will be back very soon. And yes I know they take cards in the co op ect but the veg ect is not good in there and they often have no fresh items.

    ReplyDelete

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.